your check-in process, we need to receive your registration form prior to your procedure date. If not received, the Pre-Registration Department will be contacting you prior to your date of service. You may fax your registration form to 661-322-6133, attention Pre-Registration Department. The Pre-Registration Department direct line is 661-322-4744.
A Pre-op Nurse will call you prior to your surgery to collect information about your health to expedite your admission process. The Pre-op Nurse will call you the day before your surgery to review special instructions and answer any questions you have. If you have not received a call by the day before your surgery or have additional questions please call us at 661-322-4744.
An Admiting Teamate will call you the day before your surgery to explain your insurance benefits information such as co-pay deductables.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Return to Top
Food and Drink
Pre-op will advise you of the time you are to stop eating and drinking on the night before your surgery. You may brush your teeth , remembering not to swallow anything. Refrain from the use of mints, chewing gum or cigarettes.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home.
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Please bathe or shower prior to your surgery. Remove all make-up and do not use lotions or oils after bathing.
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses.
- Driver: You must plan to have an adult to drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or uses sign language; an interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the surgery center as soon as possible.
Return to Top